Monday, 4 November 2013

B L A C K I S T H E N E W B L A C K

 

Fluffy crop jumper - Topshop
Sheer floral shirt (just seen) - Urban Outfitters
Black leather mini skirt - Topshop Boutique
Camera (see last pic) - La Sardina Splendour


 
My love affair with black clothing has only increased since my hair has lightened.
'Boring' and 'Basic' are two words commonly associated with black, and it can be those things on the wrong sort of fabric..(don't get me started on super-thin cheap leggings worn as trousers!)
 But leather, velvet and sheepskin suddenly turn it into a more luxurious shade. Even my new fluffy crop jumper aka. the gorilla looks a tad more premium and on trend than that of a cotton version. I had to buy it in the petite section as I am all legs and no body, so regular sized crop just looks, well, regular sized on me. It's so soft and comfy, and I've been wearing it over everything so I may have to invest in another one.
 
 
I'd also been lusting after a quality leather mini for ages, having played around with pleather versions for some time. This was from the Boutique section in Topshop and a little more on the pricey side, but I didn't mind as it's so buttery soft and has cute little pockets too. I love wearing it with a simple grey boyfriend tee and some chunky boots or trainers, or a silky printed shirt tucked in and a cocoon coat for when I'm feeling less grungy.
 


Photographer // Katie Mabey
All images subject to copyright.
 
 
follow me on twitter & instagram // @romillygirl

8 comments:

  1. amazing skirt!!
    http://sarahlikesfashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My favourite at the moment x

      Delete
  2. these photos are so fun!!! love this black look. so fierce

    francesca

    FRANK VINYL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks! I've never been called fierce in my life! x

      Delete
  3. Loving the all black look - very cool!

    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love this outfit so much! I would totally wear this. Also, I wish I had a white wall somewhere in my house to take outfit posts
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou babe! I took these outside near my house, lighting is much better :) x

      Delete